How much water do I need to drink? Just input your data in the form below to calculate your daily water needs using this free water intake calculator.
Water Intake Calc
you should drink ...... of water per day
How Drinking Water Can Help You Lose Weight?
Drinking sufficient water helps a lot in keeping our body healthy. Every cell in our body requires water to function. There’s no doubt that drinking an adequate amount of water keeps us healthy. Along with that, can it do more for us by helping us lose weight? Experts say “YES”.
Increases your BMR
Water actually helps our body to burn fat. It helps us burn fat by increasing our resting energy expenditure. As per studies, our resting metabolic rate increases by up to 25% after an hour of drinking water.
That means, if you drink few cups of water every hour, your body will automatically keep your basal metabolism at a much higher level through out the day. This allows your body to burn more calories than otherwise.
Makes you feel full
Water helps us delay food intake. It’s something to fill our bellies up whenever we feel hungry.
If you have the habit of constantly eating something every now and then, water can help you out. Instead of eating snacks or chewing gum (which does nothing for your appetite) try filling your belly with water. It has zero calories and is a way to stay hydrated.
Did you know that 55% of a woman’s body and 60% of a man’s body is made up of water? Other than that below is the list of little wonders that water can do. [source ref]
- Water is the source nutrients for formation of saliva which is vital for digestion.
- Brain needs water to produce hormone & neurotransmitters
- Keeps mucosal membranes moist.
- Allows body’s cells to grow, reproduce and survive.
- Flushes body waste mainly through urine
- Lubricates joints
- Water is the major component of most of our body parts.
- It regulates body temperature by sweating & respiration.
- Acts as a shock absorber for brain & spinal cord.
- Converts food to components needed for body maintenance & digestion.
- Helps deliver oxygen all over body.
Always drink filtered fresh water. Carbonated drinks and other beverages are not the real substitutes for water as they can never be a replacement for water.
Make it a habit to drink water every now and then instead of snacking all the day. It’s excellent at helping us in enhancing overall functioning of our body. Drinking water can help you lose weight by increasing fat burning and helping you to feel full.